Pacific Consolidated Industries, LLC. is headquartered in Riverside, CA. The Company was founded in 1986 to supply cryogenic air separation systems to the U.S. military and has since expanded its technology offerings to include membrane and adsorption-based air separation. The Company has grown to become a leading manufacturer of rugged, mobile liquid and gaseous oxygen and nitrogen generation systems for the Military, Oil & Gas, and Commercial Oxygen markets. The Company has established itself as a global leader in air separation technology with thousands of systems installed in over 50 countries.
Pacific Consolidated Industries is currently seeking to hire an Accounts Receivable Specialist for its corporate offices located in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys working in a fast pace, diverse, team oriented, manufacturing environment. If you feel that you are able to perform the duties/responsibilities and meet the requirements of this position, we want to hear from you!
Summary This position is accountable for the entire accounts receivables (AR) process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for ensuring successful AR collection for the entire company to include: necessary collection calls, e-mails, faxes, as well as follow-up and pursuit of delinquent accounts; seeks assistance from management and/or business functions as required to secure timely receipts; perform various account reconciliations, related to AR, and effectively resolves any discrepancies.
- Recommend customers to be sent to collections, and upon approval, submits paperwork to the company selected collection agency. Follows up on process and collection.
- Perform daily invoicing of shipments; set-up and effectively utilize web portals to invoice system per clients billing requirements to ensure timely receipts of funds, and ensure the appropriate posting of cash collected as deemed necessary.
- Process all customer payments received via credit card and generate reports to support the posting of payment to the database software.
- Holder of documentation with domestic and international customers to ensure transactions are properly secured. This includes the safekeeping of letters of credit (LCs) and securing all LC-related receipts.
- Issue credit application and pursue references to new customers. Run credit report and submit entire package to Director of Accounting and Finance to set terms and credit limits.
- Perform periodic/annual credit review of existing customers and the assessment of the creditworthiness of existing customers. Ensure file reviews are completed timely and accurately. Interface with sales organization to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers.
- Ensure sales tax treatment on invoices is correct. Maintain customer resale certificates.
- File monthly and quarterly sales tax reports.
- Advise the Director of Accounting & Finance and/or Controller and/or Accounting Manager of all journal entries related to AR.
- Review, analyze, interpret, and appropriately respond to all accounting and finance inquiries related to AR.
- Organize the compliance with, and timely completion of government and financial institution audits related to AR.
- Conduct studies and submit recommendations for improving the organization’s accounts receivable operation.
- Will support Accounts Payable Department in 3-way matching of invoices and calling vendors for invoice support.
- Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on highest priority tasks first.
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees.
- Handle changing deadlines and priorities.
- Review work for accuracy, completeness, and proper authority.
- Any other such assignment as may be required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
(List competencies required to perform the duties of this position successfully) Example:
Values and Ethics
Problem Solving (Analytical)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in credit and collections and/or 3-5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing industry. Familiarity with wide area work flow (WAWF) Government billing system a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such audit reports, accounting regulations, credit reports, letters of credit, etc. Ability to write professional business reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute commissions, discounts, interest rates, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge and hands-on experience of MS applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel (advanced level); Accounting software; Database software; ability to prepare spreadsheet, use pivot table, and reports as needed. Experience in ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, etc.) is a must, preferably in Epicor -V9 or V10.
Ability to work in a fast pace work environment and meet multiple deadlines requirements. Must have strong negotiation skills. Must be detail oriented with the ability to work independently as needed; conduct research and evaluate data to make informed decisions; apply common sense or sound judgement with a high degree of due diligence and care to solve problems effectively. Must demonstrate an aptitude for managing and sustaining effective business relationships both internally and externally. Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and sensitive information is a must.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.Apply Now