Pacific Consolidated Industries is currently seeking to hire Assembler Trainee for its corporate offices located in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity for an individual with manufacturing experience, enjoys working in a fast pace, diverse, team-oriented, manufacturing environment. If you feel that you are able to perform the duties/responsibilities and meet the requirements of this position, we want to hear from you!
Pacific Consolidated Industries, LLC. is headquartered in Riverside, CA. The Company was founded in 1986 to supply cryogenic air separation systems to the U.S. military and has since expanded its technology offerings to include membrane and adsorption-based air separation. The Company has grown to become a leading manufacturer of rugged, mobile liquid and gaseous oxygen and nitrogen generation systems for the Military, Oil & Gas, and Commercial Oxygen markets. The Company has established itself as a global leader in air separation technology with thousands of systems installed in over 40 countries.
Under the general guidance of the Lead Assembler, the individual will be trained to assist Production in the assembly and installation of moderately complex, machines, equipment, and their sub-assemblies – adjusting, trimming and fitting to close tolerance and following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications by performing the following duties, among other duties as assigned:
- Assembly of parts components that requires good dexterity and facility with hand tools.
- Plans assembly procedures, following specifications.
- Removes small quantities of metal to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes.
- Aligns components, and bolts, screws, or rivets them together.
- Installs moving parts such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement.
- Comply with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees
- Handle changing deadlines and priorities
- Review work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Quality / Quantity
Safety and Security
Values and Ethics
Develops People Capability
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions effectively
- Experience working in team settings to achieve a common goal successfully
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools, and measuring tape
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (i.e. MS Office, Internet)]
- Possess initiative, drive, positive attitude and ability to demonstrate good work ethics
- Ability to work full-time hours (40hrs/week) and willing to work over-time as needed including weekends.
- Knowledge of manufacturing or assembly work environment is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to ask questions in order to learn the scope of the job.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can be noisy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.
PCI is an Equal Opportunity EmployerApply Now