Pacific Consolidated Industries is currently seeking to hire a Buyer for its corporate offices located in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity for an individual with manufacturing experience, enjoys working in a fast pace, diverse, team-oriented, manufacturing environment. If you feel that you are able to perform the duties/responsibilities and meet the requirements of this position, we want to hear from you!
Pacific Consolidated Industries, LLC. is headquartered in Riverside, CA. The Company was founded in 1986 to supply cryogenic air separation systems to the U.S. military and has since expanded its technology offerings to include membrane and adsorption-based air separation. The Company has grown to become a leading manufacturer of rugged, mobile liquid and gaseous oxygen and nitrogen generation systems for the Military, Oil & Gas, and Commercial Oxygen markets. The Company has established itself as a global leader in air separation technology with thousands of systems installed in over 40 countries.
The Buyer is responsible for the complete procurement activities for various commodities for the organization. The person understands, plans, and performs all aspects of the organization’s purchasing and supply chain policies, objectives, and initiatives. The person applies contemporary procurement practices to the programs during the requirement, proposal and performance phases. The person is responsible for supporting Program Management Reviews, business strategy sessions, schedule recovery plans, cost and lead-time reduction measures; supplier and alternate supplier selection; proposal reviews, supply chain risk management activities; and all other purchasing related matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate the procurement of major goods and services in the most cost effective and timely manner, ensuring quality and on-time delivery consistent with company standards
- Identify and select primary and secondary suppliers
- Initiate, analyze, negotiate and complete requests for quotation or proposal
- Timely issue and follow-up purchase orders, coordinate contracts, close out purchase orders through receiving and invoice payment as required
- Prompt follow-up and strong attention to all schedule requirements, and expedite purchase orders as required
- Verify purchase order accuracy, and keep ERP system status up to date
- Heavily focus on cost savings/reduction and lead-time reduction initiatives
- Promptly resolve any receiving and invoice discrepancies
- Process Material Rejection (DMR), coordinate Corrective Action Reports (CAR) and initiate/recover supplier concession costs
- Promptly notify Planning or Sales of any delays that may impact customer deliveries
- Drive continuous purchasing policy/procedure improvements
- Attend departmental and organizational meetings on-time
- Prepare monthly reporting on major activities and metrics within purchasing to the Procurement Manager
- Meet and support department and PCI Company goals and metric measurements
- Share information and knowledge with co-workers and management
- Comply with company policies, practices and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees
- Handle changing deadlines and priorities
- Review work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Values and Ethics
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of purchasing processes and related systems, material, and logistics
- Self-motivated, leadership and ownership skills required with a “Can-Do” and “Get the Job Done” attitude
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, professionalism, ethics and integrity above reproach
- Strong negotiation and project management skills
- High degree of written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and respond to questions from management, clients, customers, and/or others
- Able to create and present presentations to senior/executive management
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must have exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, meet required deadlines and pay attention to detail
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Willing to learn skills of reading and explaining blueprints, and capable of creating detailed statements of work including process steps, terms and conditions, technical data, specifications, and quality requirements
- Willing and able to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 10% of the time
Education and/or Experience
- Up to 1 year of Purchasing Agent experience or training in manufacturing
- Requires knowledge of Epicor 9.05, with demonstrated ability in functions of Material Control and Purchasing Management.
- Exposure to manufacturing environment with annual revenues of at least $20M.
- Experience working for government contractor supporting capital equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of database software; Internet software; E-mail, MRP, ERP systems (preferably Epicor), and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project)
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.Apply Now