This position will be accountable for end-to-end finance activities supporting capital allocation, M & A, funding, performance management, accounting, and controls, and developing financial talent. PCI Gases is a brand built on a reputation based on durable, reliable original equipment enabling small and medium sized military, healthcare, and industrial operators to control their critical oxygen and nitrogen supply chains. PCI Gases revenue streams include original equipment sales, aftermarket parts, and more complex, long-term sale-of-gas rental arrangements. A significant portion of PCI Gases cost stack is purchased components; therefore, collaboration with supply chain professionals is critical to the role. This position reports directly to the CEO with direct reports in the U.S., India and Brazil and will have the supporting accounting and IT functions directly reporting to the incumbent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strategy, Planning, and Management
- Responsible for effective communication and building alignment of strategic plans to include identifying and mitigating risks.
- Lead annual budgeting process and financial review and develop financial plans for the strategic and market planning.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Interact with and bring department in-line with Board of Director’s plans, initiatives, and recommendations.
- Financial Reporting, Analysis and Forecasting
- Maintain executive responsibility for financial operations, including financial reporting and analysis, budgeting, general accounting, working capital, capital expenditures, debt management; taxes; audit; and risk management.
- Oversee international accounting and controls for foreign subsidiaries including PCI Brazil, India, and China.
- Assist with audits and prepare audit work papers.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Oversee creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal, and local laws regarding the company operations.
- Responsible for all financial statements for the Company, including federal, state, 3rd party to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with GAAP, IRS, and other tax entity requirements.
- Financial Management
- Responsible for the sale-of-gas (i.e., financial, and operating leases) financial models, contracts, and risk management.
- Oversee the company’s funding activities and establish appropriate capital structure objectives; develop effective financing strategies, ensure short-term liquidity, and obtain long-term financing.
- Lead treasury operations including cash forecasting and management, debt, banking relationships, and capital structure.
- Corporate Development / M&A
- Responsible for all aspects of business acquisitions and growth investment analysis & financing
- Identifies and evaluates business targets for merger and acquisition (M & A) and executes related transactions.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Team, actively participating in strategic and operational discussions.
- Implement systems and controls to analyze profitability by business segment.
- Achieve transformation and change agent and develop accounting and financial talent through effective leadership.
Manage a small financial and accounting staff, including accounting, accounts payable, receivables, financial analysis, payroll, project and inventory accounting, taxes, and IT. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Values, Integrity, and Ethics
Develops People Capability
Leadership Skills Communication Skills Strategy and Innovation
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
- 6 years minimum experience as a CFO in related manufacturing industry (preferably aerospace, oxygen equipment).
- 14+ years total accounting or finance experience
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, reporting.
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- “Hands On” ERP Systems Experience – EPICOR experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Financing and rental fleet experience a plus
- M&A experience a plus
- Experience delivering results using LEAN and 6sigma tools and techniques a plus.
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues.
- Must have a valid U.S. passport; able and willing to travel approximately 10-15% of the time within the U.S. territory and internationally.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with ERP software Epicor, version 9.5 or higher and MS Suite software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Pacific Consolidated Industries. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Pacific Consolidated Industries will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee