This position will be accountable for end-to-end supply chain activities and have direct control over day-to-day decision making required to achieve PCI’s business strategy. PCI Gases is a strong brand with military, healthcare, and industrial operators, particularly in remote locations with poor infrastructure that need independence, freedom, resiliency & control over their critical supply chains for oxygen and nitrogen.
This position is critical to ensuring PCI delivers on its promise by passionately optimizing PCI’s supply chain and ensuring full on-time delivery to customers. This position will lead the Company’s Sales Inventory and Operations Plan and strategic sourcing processes; lead the executive management team in setting targets for all operations globally–currently including operations in Brazil, India, and USA. Tactical supply chain resources in the USA will report directly with other regional resources looking to the incumbent for functional leadership while reporting to regional general managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Plans, manages and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials, supplies and services to meet changing levels of product demand. Engages in the more sensitive negotiations for critical high-value, and high-volume items.
2. Leads the supply team globally in executing best practices and measuring performance through agree upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
3. Ensures global operations can deliver business strategy including required capacities, capabilities, and culture.
4. Directs and coordinates global supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, profitability maximization, and KPIs resulting in the maximization of customer satisfaction.
5. Controls, measures, and regulates efficient inventory levels of purchased materials in support of operations, and drive inventory reduction through better use of the ERP system.
6. Manages current and future demand requirements with supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure on-time completion of customer requirements.
7. Manages material cost and schedule impacts of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases.
8. Manages material management (inventory control, parts movement, stockroom) and logistics (shipping, packaging, INCO terms) functions and teams.
9. Monitors and drives Work in Process (WIP) and daily shipment status and updates the system accordingly.
10. Manages demand and production schedule planning activities including translating the Master Schedule into a detailed work order schedule and issuing of travelers.
11. Communicates with Production, Quality, Shipping and Management as needed to expedite product to ensure on-time delivery.
12. Improves flow and reduces cycle time in manufacturing by level loading based on bottleneck constraints in manufacturing.
13. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of Material Requirement Planning and complex multi-level Bill of Material (BOM) structure.
14. Analyzes available inventory, material requirements, and lead times to determine material to be ordered or released.
15. Reviews, updates, and develops supply chain practices in line with company policies, standards, laws and regulations.
16. Complies with company policies, practices and procedures.
17. Participates in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
18. Works effectively and communicate clearly with other employees
19. Handles changing deadlines and priorities
20. Reviews work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
Manage 4-7 direct reports. Is responsible for the overall direction, leadership, coordination, and evaluation of subordinates and departments globally. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Values and Ethics
Develops People Capability
Strategy and Innovation
Complex problem-solving skills
Relationship management skills
Time Management Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or Engineering; MBA Degree is a plus.
• 4 years minimum experience in a Supply Chain Management or Leadership role.
• 5-10 years related experience in manufacturing supply chain (global supply chain preferred).
• Certification in Association for Supply Chain Management (APICS) is highly preferred, with others such as, Institute of Supply Management (ISM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), or APIM Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM) to be considered as a plus.
• Experience leading all aspects of sales and operations process including demand planning, capacity planning, and executive decision-making sessions.
• Experience leading purchasing change including category management to optimize number of suppliers, inventory, costs, and quality
• Experience using longer term supply agreements and blanket purchase orders
• Experience delivering results using LEAN and 6sigma tools and techniques
• Experience optimizing international operations to maximize the impact of local teams
• Experience with discrete manufacturing, make-to-order, and pull production systems
• Demonstrated ability to develop operations talent.
• Strong relationship management and active listening.
• Excellent management and strategic planning skills.
• Willing to work dynamic/flexible hours and/or in a hybrid work arrangement (in part Work From Home)
• Must have a valid U.S. Passport; able and willing to travel approximately 10-20% of the time within the U.S. territory and internationally.
• COVID-19 full vaccination required (upon hire or within 30 days of employment) consistent with state and federal regulations.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Strong PC application skills. Including complement of Microsoft Office Software. Familiarity with Vantage ERP Software a plus.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.Apply Now