Responsible for helping clients install, repair, and maintain air separation equipment. Travels to domestic and international destinations to perform field service duties requiring skilled instrumentation, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical troubleshooting and repair equipment. Provides diagnostic and troubleshooting and training support to PCI customers via telephone, web-based applications, in accordance with established operating procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to domestic and international customer locations to complete on-site projects successfully and within given timeline.
- Build effective customer business relationships.
- Demonstrate, advise, and train customers on the use of company equipment/products.
- Establish and maintain customer contacts.
- Respond promptly and within established guidelines to customers problems.
- Make equipment and service recommendation to customers.
- Read and understand process diagrams.
- Understand and interpret blueprints, flow diagrams and electrical schematics.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment to diagnose failure modes.
- Troubleshoot equipment electrical or mechanical issues.
- Accurately record test results.
- Familiar with and utilize various troubleshooting, testing techniques and procedures.
- Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other customers and employees.
- Handle changing deadlines and priorities.
- Review work for accuracy, completeness, and proper authority.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
|Customer Focus||Delivers Results||Problem Solving|
|Adaptability||Teamwork||Values and Ethics|
Qualifications The ideal candidate is good with customers, detail oriented and diligent with documentation and reporting; highly experienced in operating and maintaining manual and automated air compression and/or air separation systems. Understands data acquisition systems and instrumentation and has experience with oxygen safety and material compatibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three (3) or more years of related experience working with automated and manual fluid systems and/or air separation technology. Relevant experience gained from the military or industrial gas industry is preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience working on/maintaining/troubleshooting, air separation equipment including pressure swing adsorption (PSA), vacuum/pressure swing adsorption (VPSA), membrane separation and/or cryogenic distillation of air (PCI GAMMA). Support PCI’s DOCS, SGNSC and cryogenic product lines.
- Able and willing to work over-time as needed, including weekends.
- Must be readily available and willing to travel with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- Obtain and retain a valid and current U.S. Passport along with any applicable visas.
- Travel domestically and internationally (including Canada) up to 50% of the time on a project-basis required.
- Must be able to pass/meet international entry requirements to include background checks.
- Demonstrate good attendance and reliability.
- Willing to be cross trained in other areas of manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Excellent customer service skills and building effective customer business relationships.
- Must posses a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- COVID-19 full vaccination required (upon hire or within 30 days of employment) consistent with state and federal regulations.
- Make health and safety a priority.
Bilingual in Spanish preferred. Portuguese or Mandarin is beneficial. Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, technical manuals, technical correspondence and memos. Ability to write technical reports, commissioning checklists, test and evaluation reports and other documents as required. Ability to present information effectively in one-on-one and small group situations to customers inside and outside of our organization.
Ability to perform basic algebra and geometry calculations while incorporating standard and metric units of measure. Must have the ability to perform fundamental statistical analysis using averages and trends.
Ability to carry out detailed and often complex written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with upset customers and problems as they arise, sometimes with little information. Ability to gather information and present details in an organized manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook). Must also be familiar with and able to modify PLC & PC-based control systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Field service work is typically performed outdoors in varying climate conditions. Temperatures can range from -20°F to °120F. The noise level in the work environment can be noisy which require appropriate personal protective equipment. The use of other personal protective equipment, such as hard hat, safety glasses, reflective vest, safety boots or shoes may also be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.Apply Now