Pacific Consolidated Industries is currently seeking to hire a Human Resources Coordinator for its corporate offices located in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys working in a fast pace, diverse, team oriented, manufacturing environment. If you feel that you are able to perform the duties/responsibilities and meet the requirements of this position, we want to hear from you!
Pacific Consolidated Industries, LLC. is headquartered in Riverside, CA. The Company was founded in 1986 to supply cryogenic air separation systems to the U.S. military and has since expanded its technology offerings to include membrane and adsorption-based air separation. The Company has grown to become a leading manufacturer of rugged, mobile liquid and gaseous oxygen and nitrogen generation systems for the Military, Oil & Gas, and Commercial Oxygen markets. The Company has established itself as a global leader in air separation technology with thousands of systems installed in over 50 countries.
Summary Help organize, coordinate and carry out all human resources projects and processes for the company. Work directly with and assist the human resources director to fulfill a variety of necessary HR tasks. This includes hiring, recruitment, termination, benefit programs, training and education procedures for new and existing employees, record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works directly with and reports to the human resources director regarding all HR endeavors
2. Supports HR director in educating employees on and enforcing company policies and procedures.
3. Promotes and educates employees on the company health and welfare plans. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
4. Assist with new –hire procedures, including organizing employee orientation, creating new employee files, administering employee handbooks, and ensuring necessary paperwork is properly filled out and submitted timely.
5. Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions in a professional and timely manner.
6. Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
7. Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
8. Conducts audits of benefits, legal documentation, postings, I-9 forms, or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
9. Assists with processing of terminations, including advising employees on their rights and any benefits they are entitled to.
10. Assists with the preparation and organization of the performance review process.
11. Assists with recruitment and interview process including working with Staffing Agencies, local school, state agencies, and other external recruiting resources. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS, excel spreadsheets, and responds with follow-up correspondence at the end of the recruiting process.
12. Promotes the company Affirmative Action Program and diversity awareness.
13. Acts as the EEO representative and ensures compliance.
14. Prepares and gathers data for various state and federal filings (EEO-1, VETS, AAP, ITAR, etc.) as required and maintains accurate records.
15. Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the director of HR and/or Hiring Manager.
16. Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
17. Files documents into appropriate employee files and ensures records are kept secure and confidential.
18. Prepares correspondence, memos, announcement as requested and process mail.
19. Updates and maintains bulletin boards with required employment law postings, wellness programs and other company related communication.
20. Fosters positive employee relations and works to solve employee issues that surface.
21. Assists with and coordinates company functions, events, employee recognition and projects as needed.
22. Administers the company visitor management system, Proxyclick to ensure data is up-date and meets ITAR regulations and other company requirements.
23. Assist in the preparation of power point presentations, flyers, updates company organizational charts, directories, and other communication.
24. Works closely with Payroll to ensure accurate employee data is processed correctly in the company payroll system, generates reports, charts as required.
25. Participates in HR related training and professional organization to gain HR knowledge.
26. Complies with company policies, practices and procedures.
27. Participates in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
28. Works effectively and communicates clearly with other employees
29. Adapts and handles changing deadline and priorities
30. Reviews work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
31. Maintains business-like appearance
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Competencies:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Values and Ethics
Develops People Capability
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred. 2+ years of related experience in human resources preferable in a mid-size federal contractor manufacturing company, plus 1 year of recruiting experience.
• Highly organized, detailed oriented and efficient worker; skilled at multi-tasking
• Good time-management skills and results driven
• Displays a positive, enthusiastic and professional demeanor
• Understanding, empathetic and relatable
• Familiarity with ITAR regulations and Visitor Management System (Proxyclick preferred)
• Familiarity with Affirmative Action Program
• Resourceful, creative, reliable, responsible, adaptable, flexible, and a strong team player
• Attentive listener and excellent collaborator
• Ability to follow instructions and directions accurately and without hesitation
• Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
• Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
• Reliable and personable; enjoys working with a diverse range of individuals with a sense of urgency.
• Willing and able to work over-time including weekends as needed.
• Language Skills
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write correspondence effectively and professionally.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
• Ability to establish and maintain strong business and customer relationships.
• Mathematical Skills
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving concrete and conceptual variables in a variety of standard and unique situations.
• Ability to plan, implement and complete multiple tasks in parallel.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge and hands-on experience with MicroSoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint). Experience using HR software and HRIS system or payroll system (PaychexFlex preferred).
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.