Plans, directs, and coordinates all sourcing and procurement of materials, supplies and services for the facility to ensure that company goals or objectives are accomplished through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for acquiring goods and services for the organization.
- Must compare and evaluate products offered to determine alignment needs of the company are met.
- Directly negotiate with sellers or suppliers to determine the best price available and enact contracts with providers once an agreement has been reached.
- Actively work with other members of the organization to ensure that all products and services are provided per established agreement.
- Direct the duties of buyers, who carry out the buying activities per the direction of the manager.
- Conduct meetings as needed to guide staff in current roles, such as, negotiating deals, managing inventory defects and return processes.
- Responsible for ensuring each vendor meets its contractual obligations on products, delivery, and pricing, and periodically evaluates vendors to identify new purchasing opportunities.
- Responsible for the long-term purchasing functions within the organization.
- Work with vendors or suppliers and project future purchasing needs to ensure the demands of the organization are met without business interruption.
- Partner with our organization’s Accounting and Finance department to draft upcoming quarterly and annual budget requirements based on the projected purchasing requirements.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of ERP/MRP System.
- Prepare and reviews contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Maintain source control and certifications directly through quality.
- Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees
Directly supervises subordinate employees in the Purchasing department, Materials Control supervisor and Shipping supervisor. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Purchasing. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Values and Ethics
Develops People Capability
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
BA/BS degree in Business, Materials Management is mandatory with 5-10 years related experience, preferably in manufacturing or related industry.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ERP Systems, order processing systems; Project Management software; Microsoft Office suite
Must have proven leadership in management skills, excellent strategic sourcing experience, strong supplier and relationship management experience, strong negotiation and presentation skills, experience in contract reviews and preparation of contracts, strong communication skills both written and verbal, and ability to present and make recommendations to departmental managers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Pacific Consolidated Industries. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Pacific Consolidated Industries will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or RefugeeApply Now