Design, measure, analyze, improve, and control (DMAIC) of factory. Processes, methods and associated work instructions. Collect and analyze data driven information for process control and capability improvement. Display strong ability to work in cross-functional teams including members from operations, engineering, customer service, and safety. Reduce non-conformity operational issues and conduct training of factory personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand, lead, and implement: Lean methodologies, engineering practices, existing product changes and new product introduction.
- Lead and participate in 5S activities, Value Stream Mapping, Process Mapping, Kaizen Events, and planned costs savings projects plant wide.
- Serve as a continuous improvement mentor for the floor staff and propagate the methodologies in the work culture. Implement and maintain end of line visual management boards.
- Drive continuous improvement and problem solving in the manufacturing environment by reducing/eliminating waste
- Conduct continuous improvement exercises to define processes, aid in documenting standard work to formalize new processes and define production rates
- Layout new work areas and reorganize existing equipment to facilitate process improvements
- Support production by identifying and eliminating process limitations and bottlenecks
- Conduct time studies and line balancing projects to determine best practices and define standard work.
- Ensure the proper and timely completion of assigned tasks and projects independently; act as a strong influence on colleagues to develop strong job skills, knowledge and change management.
- Effectively interact with colleagues ranging from plant floor employees to management.
- Work closely with design engineering team to aid in test, analysis and timely implementation of alternate components and sub-assemblies.
- Engage with applicable departments on a routine basis to stay informed of issues faced and subsequently resolve them.
- Responsible for mentoring, training, and partnering with employees within various department.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects with excellent time and project management skills in a fast-paced environment to adhere to timelines.
- Liaise and coordinate with maintenance personnel to identify and resolve maintenance issues.
- Design, develop, test, source, and justify cost on various tools, machinery, and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
- Provide adequate support with prompt resolution to customer complaints that includes conducting effective root cause analyses and implementing corrective actions.
- Responsible for providing engineering support to all areas of manufacturing operations to drive continuous improvements in safety, product quality, delivery, and cost.
- Develop product quality plans and inspection methodologies.
No supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Planning and Organizing
Technical Skills Initiative
Quality of Decisions
Customer First Focus
Values and Ethics
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor of Science degree in related field or manufacturing engineering and/or a combination of education and 2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with quality improvement tools and techniques (lean manufacturing, six sigma, process control and failure mode & effects analysis).
- Six sigma tools and methodology; green belt as a minimum or black belt experience is a plus.
- Value Stream Mapping, Process Mapping and Kaizen event leadership preferred.
Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines requirements. Ability to follow-up and manage workload effectively. Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational and prioritizing skills. Self-starter and able to work independently as needed.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to communicate (verbal and written) clearly and effectively.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages. Ability to draw, create and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and apply common sense understanding to carry out written, verbal or diagram instructions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, blueprints, schematics, or schedule form. Ability to use good judgement and logic. Ability to follow and enforce company policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ERP/MRP systems specifically Method of Manufacturing creation or EPICOR software, material requirement tracking, and data manipulation in Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of Vantage ERP Engineering Workbench is a plus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet; the production work environment can be noisy. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at PCI. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by PCI will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Apply Now