Pacific Consolidated Industries is currently seeking to hire a Material Control Clerk I for its corporate offices located in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity for an individual with manufacturing experience, enjoys working in a fast pace, diverse, team-oriented, manufacturing environment. If you feel that you are able to perform the duties/responsibilities and meet the requirements of this position, we want to hear from you!
Pacific Consolidated Industries, LLC. is headquartered in Riverside, CA. The Company was founded in 1986 to supply cryogenic air separation systems to the U.S. military and has since expanded its technology offerings to include membrane and adsorption-based air separation. The Company has grown to become a leading manufacturer of rugged, mobile liquid and gaseous oxygen and nitrogen generation systems for the Military, Oil & Gas, and Commercial Oxygen markets. The Company has established itself as a global leader in air separation technology with thousands of systems installed in over 40 countries.
Summary Under general supervision and following specific instructions and well-defined procedures, performs duties in relation to processing materials into and through the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies outbound order accuracy against shipping documents.
- Creates and maintains serialization records.
- Assemble orders for shipment; weighs and addresses parcels or crates; creates bills of lading.
- Maintains records of goods shipped.
- Receives all incoming goods, checks for accuracy against packing slips.
- Enters all relevant information into electronic shipping/receiving system.
- Maintains updated receiving files and follows-up with the Purchasing Department regarding receiving problems.
- Uses hand trucks and forklifts for shipping, receiving and raw material movement.
- Properly handle material to prevent damage. Determines packing methods to ensure the safe packaging of outbound freight; coordinates outside packaging services when necessary and ensures timely completion and shipment of product from outside vendors.
- Resolves receipt and invoice discrepancies with Accounting and Purchasing as needed.
- Coordinates the shipping and handling of hazardous materials, following established protocols.
- Coordinates the transportation with carriers and freight forwarders ensuring timely shipment in accordance with customer delivery requirements and business necessity.
- Reviews bills of lading and ensures freight costs are applied and entered.
- Maintains current knowledge of transportation operations, including County, State, Federal and export transportation regulations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or Clerk II – 2-4 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hazardous Material Handling/Shipping for Air, Land, Sea
- MIL-STD 2073
- IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Commercial invoices and export documentation (SED, Pro forma, DSP-5, DSP-119, etc.)
- Export Administration Regulations – export of commercial goods
- Federal Transportation System – Electronic Transportation Acquisition (ETA)
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of electronic mail, Database software; Order processing systems; Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft® Office and word processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment Non-climate controlled manufacturing facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.Apply Now