Summary Receives, stores, and issues hand tools, machine tools, dies, shop supplies, and equipment in industrial establishment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Issues tools and equipment to workers and maintains records of tools and equipment issued and returned.
- Establish and maintain minimum/maximum levels of shop supplies.
- Locates lost or misplaced tools and equipment.
- Prepares periodic inventory or maintains perpetual inventory of tools and equipment.
- Receives, unpacks, and stores incoming tools and equipment, and requisitions stock to replenish inventory.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
- Repairs, services, and lubricates tools and equipment.
- Delivers tools or equipment to workers.
- Marks and identifies tools and equipment.
- Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on highest priority tasks first.
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees.
- Handle changing deadlines and priorities.
- Review work for accuracy, completeness, and proper authority
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Values and Ethics
Develops People Capability
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or
- I – 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- II – 2-4 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- III – 5+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
COVID Vaccine requirement is a condition of employment at PCI. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by PCI will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.Apply Now