Pacific Consolidated Industries is currently seeking to hire an Operations Manager for its corporate offices located in Riverside, CA. This is a great opportunity for an individual with manufacturing experience, enjoys working in a fast pace, diverse, team-oriented, manufacturing environment. If you feel that you are able to perform the duties/responsibilities and meet the requirements of this position, we want to hear from you!
Pacific Consolidated Industries, LLC. is headquartered in Riverside, CA. The Company was founded in 1986 to supply cryogenic air separation systems to the U.S. military and has since expanded its technology offerings to include membrane and adsorption-based air separation. The Company has grown to become a leading manufacturer of rugged, mobile liquid and gaseous oxygen and nitrogen generation systems for the Military, Oil & Gas, and Commercial Oxygen markets. The Company has established itself as a global leader in air separation technology with thousands of systems installed in over 40 countries.
Manages and expedites the flow of work and labor processing within the production department. Duties include reviewing and distributing production, work, and personnel schedules; conferring with department specialists and supervisors to determine the progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on the progress of work, labor hours, costs, and production problems. Most of their time is spent on business and organizational aspects of production. Duties include monitoring production rates, through output, and labor costs. Most tasks involve establishing records and information, as well as managing the production processes with other department management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Distribute production schedules and work orders to production staff.2. Provides leadership in training and education of subordinates to meet business needs including high emphasis on cross-training.
3. Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing spreadsheets to determine personnel or materials requirements and priorities.
4. Manage department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
5. Revise production schedules due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with other departments.
6. Confer with establishment personnel and customers to coordinate production activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
7. Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
8. Record production data, including volume produced; consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
9. Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor materials, manufacturing costs, or wages
10. Coordinate operational activities by planning production commitments or timetables for business units, specific programs, or jobs, using sales forecasts.
11. Establish and prepare product construction directions and locations and information on required tools, materials, equipment, the numbers of workers needed, and cost projections.
12. Perform all work safely in a fast-paced work environment.
13. Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
14. Participates in development of plans to accommodate changing deadlines and priorities.
15. Ensures all Assembly and Test Procedures are followed including complete documentation and job travelers.
16. Review work for accuracy, completeness, and proper authority.
17. Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures.
18. Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
19. Ability to prioritize tasks and work on highest priority tasks first.
20. Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees.
Subordinates may include Planners, Manufacturing Engineers and EHS/Facilities Technician. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Values and Ethics
Develops People Capability
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of related education and experience or
5 -10 years’ related experience in aerospace manufacturing industry preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, blue prints, schematics, or schedule form. Ability to make sound decisions under pressure. Ability to follow and enforce company policies and procedures including.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, Database, Project Management software and ERP/MRP software, experience in EPICOR is preferred.
Ability to quickly recognize errors and inconsistencies in numerical data (good analysis skills). Ability to juggle multiple tasks in the fast-paced environment and prioritize workload. Team player with high energy and a can-do attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work is considered low physical work in an office and production setting, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, stoop, balance, climb, kneel, crouch, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet; the production work environment can be noisy and in an environment subject to dust. The office area is adjunct to the facility facing noises, constant phone interactions, and will be in contact with other staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a Federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.