Under minimal supervision and following established procedures, using spray gun, coats surfaces of specified objects with paint, lacquer, tint or porcelain glaze. May touch up in accessible spots with hand brush. Assembles and installs moderately complex, machines, equipment, and their subassemblies – adjusting, trimming and fitting to close tolerance and following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications.
1. Use and maintenance of spray booth and painting equipment
2. Proper mixing and application of paints, etc.
3. Maintain production schedule
4. Maintenance of hazardous materials logs
5. Assembly of parts components that requires good dexterity and facility with hand tools.
6. Plans assembly procedures, following specifications.
7. Removes small quantities of metal to clean parts or to produce close fit between parts.
8. Drills, taps, or reams holes.
9. Aligns components, and bolts, screws, or rivets them together.
10. Installs moving parts such as shafts, levers, or bearings, and works them to test free movement.
11. Comply with company policies, practices and procedures.
12. Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
13. Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees
14. Handle changing deadlines and priorities
15. Review work for accuracy, completeness and proper authority
16. Other duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Values and Ethics
Develops People Capability
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum one+ years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, MSDS, mixing instructions and procedure manuals
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can be noisy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. PCI is also a federal contractor. Employment may be contingent upon U.S. citizenship or valid “green card” holder status.