Summary Performs a variety of complex activities required to attain production objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in all aspects of job management from creation, scheduling, to on-time completion
- Creates and manages jobs and prints traveler to release to the
- Expedite parts and jobs through production. This includes working with the production team, inspection, material control and shipping team and other departments as needed to ensure orders ship on time. This also includes face to face interaction with members of the management team & other
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures, this includes participating in required training, wearing appropriate footwear, PPE,
- Close jobs and ensure travelers and Epicor are
- Provide needed assistance with cycle count activities as
- Review material shortages and/or assist with maintaining timely movement of required material to the manufacturing team in order to expedite the process
- Work with other departments to resolve any material or production issues that
- Works with Manufacturing Engineers to ensure accurate methods of manufacturing (BOM, work instructions, traveler sequences, and operation sequence times).
- Maintain configuration control for finished goods and work in process
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts for Operations
- Works within an ERP/MRP (EPICOR) System to determine necessary materials requirements and production master
- Comply with company policies, practices, and
- Participate in proactive efforts to achieve departmental and company
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on highest priority tasks
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other
- Handle changing deadlines and
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Decision Quality Customer Focus Managing Vision/Purpose
Values and Ethics Action-Oriented Delivers Results
Develops People Capability Technical Skills
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Planner I: 1-3 years of planning experience/training in a manufacturing company with annual revenues of at least
$20M. Exposure to an ERP environment, preferably using Epicor 9.05, with demonstrated ability in functions of Sales, Job, & Inventory Management is desired.
- Planner II: 3-7 years of planning experience in a manufacturing company with annual revenues of at least $20M. Experience using an ERP environment, preferably Epicor 9.05, with demonstrated ability in functions of Sales, Job, & Inventory Management is Bachelor’s degree/certification or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Planner III: 7-12 years of advance planning experience in a manufacturing company with annual revenues of at least $20M. Bachelor’s degree/APICS certification is required; advanced level of education is Should possess abilities to independently gather data and be able to effectively communicate that information in a variety of forms, including reports and presentations to Senior Management. Must be an effective driver of coordinating multiple inter-departmental groups together in support of improving on time-delivery and quality product. Coach, mentor and train Level I Planners in development of their planning skills.
Continued, demonstrated career
- Basic Knowledge of MRP systems
- Knowledge of work processing
- Self-starter with drive for continuous improvement-12
- Data driven and highly analytical
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills and a hands-on approach in performing assigned duties
- Must be approachable and willing to be a team player
- Must be professional, dependable, and responsible
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
APICS certification a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook; ERP/MRP software and MS PowerPoint. Experience in EPICOR is preferred.
Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with multiple deadlines requirements. Ability to follow-up and manage
workload effectively. Must be detailed oriented with strong organizational and prioritizing skills. Able to work
independently as needed.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet; the production work environment can be noisy. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. PCI is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Pacific Consolidated Industries. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Pacific Consolidated Industries will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee