Position Summary: Senior Sales Director will be responsible for devising and implementing PCI’s sales and strategy in all commercial oxygen market segment(s) and further expanding PCI’s position in the global industrial marketplaces. The position will be remote with at least 50% of traveling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee and execute business enterprise sales strategy
- Accomplish business enterprise yearly revenues and growth targets
- Develop / Adjust as appropriate new sales channels and/or market segments
- Oversee business enterprise sales staff, consultants, and contractors
- Oversee international distributor companies and/or manufacturers’ rep organizations
- Oversee the management and interaction of/with existing accounts
- Set and review account discount levels on a yearly basis with business enterprise GM to ensure target sales and profit margin levels can be met
- Manage business enterprise sales forecast
- Manage quick and effective communication to customer requests and questions
- Track competitor market movement and product capabilities
- Manage use of standardized sales tools and processes across the business enterprise
- Supervise accurate and efficient generation of sales proposals and briefing materials
- Participate in proposal and contract review process
- Write articles for industry journals and/or give presentations at industry conferences / trade shows
- Comply with company policies, practices, and procedures
- Update business enterprise GM and other senior management on key activities
- Oversee O2 Solutions marketing and communications activities, including lead creation, trade shows, campaigns, social media
Directly supervises subordinate employees in the Sales department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor and excellent presentation skills
- Ability to dissect and interpret contracts – both commercial and government, as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of industrial gases industry, equipment, and key players beneficial
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to conduct ROI analyses for customers’ product applications
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on highest priority tasks first.
- Work effectively and communicate clearly with other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, marketing, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years related experience required in industry sales & marketing, with increasing managerial responsibilities, with a preference for the following industries
- industrial gases
- highly engineered equipment manufacturing
- Revenues and revenue growth
- Opportunity generation and pipeline management
- Opportunity conversion efficiency
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet and CRM software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Extensive marketing experience
- Experience with competitor and product information
- Extensive experience with customers (equipment manufacturing industries)
- Highly analytical
- Superior problem-solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Extensive domestic and international travel required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but can be quite noisy in the testing and production departments.
This position is eligible for a remote work scheduled.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at PCI. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by PCI will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the Internal Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.Apply Now